Catholic Church commenced its religious services in Fanling area as early as 1926.  In 1949, the Bishop assigned Rev. Ambrose Poletti (賴法禹神父) of PIME to carry out services in the western NT deanery. Rev. Poletti, recognizing the importance of setting up a missionary base in the area, started a church by renting the former residence of Mr. Tang Kun Leung (鄧坤亮先生), which is the existing site of Pui Ling School of the Precious Blood (寶血會培靈學校).  At that time, there were 20 to 30 Catholics. This is the origin of Fanling St. Joseph’s Church.

In the 1950’s, Rev. Poletti received the kind donation of a piece of land on the current site by Mr. Chu Yan Kit. St. Joseph’s Church was completed in 1953, paying tribute to St. Joseph as its patron and a role model of the hard working labourers. 

St. Joseph’s Church was listed as Grade 3 Historic Building by the Antiquities and Monuments Office in 2011.

Pastoral Team

王保誠神父

Rev. Francesco Conte

Parish Priest

Sr.001

Sr. Clara Pires

Pastoral Sister

bella .001.jpeg.001

Mrs. Bella Lau

Parish Secretary

陳栻强兄弟

Mr. Raymond Chan

Chairperson

Regina Chung.001

Ms. Regina Chung

Internal Vice-chairperson

張錦宏兄弟

Mr. Steven Cheung

External Vice-chairperson

Tseng.001

Mr. Paul Tseng

Parish Council Treasurer

Nam.001

Mr. Lambert Lai

Parish Council Secretary

Lin.001

Mr. Joseph Lin

Parish Council Councillor

chik.001

Mr. Anthony Chik

Parish Council Councillor

Ms Cecilia Rongalerios Golez

Ms. Cecilia Rongalerios Golez

English Community Coordinator